Colorado Springs, Colorado 2021-07-31 13:45:20 –
Posted: PostedHas been updated:
Colorado Springs, Colorado — Saturday is Colorado Springs’ 150th birthday bash, and that day is full of birthday fun!
The festival begins at 11am and includes a special “parade through time” with over 60 entries on Taejong Street between Boulder Street and Costilla Street, plus a jump by the Wings of Blue at the U.S. Air Force Academy. An empty parade will be held.
The family-friendly festival at Vermiho Avenue runs from noon to 8 pm. There are interactive booths, sports demonstrations, a kids play area, live entertainment on three stages, 25 food trucks and two beer gardens with six local beers and cocktails. The TV broadcast of the vendor, Tokyo Olympics, will be broadcast live on a large screen.
Additional details, such as a complete list of eateries and a map highlighting festival zones and parking lots, are available at the following URL: https://coloradosprings.gov/COS150DowntownCelebration..
Street, ground and parking are within walking distance to the festival. The regular rate for city parking is $ 1 per hour and can be found at:
- Nevada and Colorado Boulevard
- Bijou Street and Cascade Avenue
- Kiowa Street and Nevada Avenue
For more information on downtown parking, please visit: DowntownCS.com/Parking Or ride a bike instead! Ride your bike or ride your Pike Ride to Daejeon Street and Bamiho Avenue Bicycle Barrett Tent and park for free.
To receive an emergency alert during the festival containing bad weather information, send a text from COS150 to 888777.
Festival event schedule:
Main Stage – Vermijo & Sahwatch
- 12:00 pm – Hickaby
- 1:15 pm – Flying Ace
- 1:45 pm – WireWood Station
- 3:00 pm – Flying Ace
- 3:30 pm – Denver Tyco
- 4pm – Olympic and Paralympic Q & A
- 5:15 pm – Flying Ace
- 6pm – Martini Shot
Tokyo Game Fan Fest
- 10am – US Triathlon Simulation
- 11:00 am – USA Figure Skating – Learn Synthetic Ice Rink / Skating
- 12:00 pm – Wheelchair Basketball Activation
- 2:30 pm – Demonstration of Taekwondo Center in the United States
- 4 pm – US Olympic City Hot Air Balloon Inflation
- 5 pm – Xfinity Hot Air Balloon Inflation
Gazebo Stage-Alamo Square Park
- 12:15 pm – Opening Ceremony
- 12:30 pm – Colorado Springs Conservatory
- 1:00 pm – Colorado Springs Children’s Chorale
- 1:30 pm – Front Range Fable from Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, Colorado College Theater Company
- 3:10 pm – Sweet Waterplanes Indian Dancer
- 3:40 pm – Ballet Forkuro Rico de la Raza
- 4pm – Panama Dance Group
- 5:10 pm – Manaba O Polynesia
- 5:40 pm – Sankofa African Drum
- 6:10 pm – Tony Exum Jr.
- 7:10 pm – Tenderfoot Bluegrass Band
ASL interpreters will participate in the following events during the celebration.
- 12:15 pm – Opening Ceremony, Alamo Square Gazebo
- 1: 30-3: 00 pm – Front Range Fable (One-act Play), Alamo Square Gazebo
- 4pm – Olympic and Paralympic Q & A, Bamiho and Sirwatch Main Stage
Would you like to attend Saturday’s birthday basketball shoes? Send your photo to email@example.com. Then we will introduce you on our website and possibly on the air!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLORADO SPRINGS! See today’s full schedule Source link HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLORADO SPRINGS! See today’s full schedule