Harvey Weinstein could be handed over from New York to California to face additional rape and sexual assault charges, the judge ruled on Tuesday.
Approximately a year after a Los Angeles prosecutor sought a transfer of a former film producer, the judge was dismissed. Weinstein’s Trying to stay in New York.
Former Hollywood mogul is now 23 years in prison In a prison near Buffalo after being convicted of rape and sexual assault last year.
His legal team said a 69-year-old woman suffered from heart, tooth and back problems and was “almost technically blind”, and Waynestein should stay in New York for proper medical care. Insisted.
However, Judge Kenneth Case of the Erie County Court rejected the debate, paving the way for Weinstein to move to California.
“If California doesn’t pick up Waynestein in a reasonable amount of time, be sure to come back to see me,” Judge Case told Waynestein’s leading lawyer, Norman Efman.
Weinstein’s lawyers said they would appeal the decision and ask a LA judge to prevent the delivery.
LA prosecutors first tried to hand over Weinstein in July 2020, but some COVID-19 (New Coronavirus Infection) Pandemic.
He is currently scheduled to move to California by mid-July. He is facing a complaint He attacked five women in LA between 2004 and 2013.
Weinstein was imprisoned in February 2020 for sexually assaulting a production assistant in 2006 and raping an ambitious actress three times in 2013.
He is appealing his belief And denied having sex without anyone’s consent.
The former mogul has been at Wende Correctional Facility, which has the highest security since last spring, and attended a videolink hearing on Tuesday.
Harvey Weinstein: A New York judge has ruled that media mogul may be transferred to California to face rape charges | US News
Source link Harvey Weinstein: A New York judge has ruled that media mogul may be transferred to California to face rape charges | US News