Tucson, Arizona 2021-10-13 12:21:28 –
Tucson, Arizona (KGUN) — Saguaro National Park West will close several areas on Wednesday to accommodate filmmaking. HBO Max Series “Duster” I’m shooting in town this month.
According to the National Park Service, multiple roads will be closed or delayed from 8 am to 7 pm.
Kinney Road, at the junction from Mile Wide Road to the Visitor Center, will be closed. To reach the visitor center, take Mile Wide Road to Sandario and then take Kinney Road from northwest to the center.
Picture Rocks Road will also open in Sandario and then Kinney Road. Several areas of Tucson Mountain Park, including McCain Loop Road, will also be closed.
The visitor center opens with limited service. Passes will no longer be available for sale and visitors will be encouraged to pay for the visit at their own expense.
The main landscape, Bahada Loop, is under construction to repair the monsoon damage. All trailheads and picnic areas along the loop, including the Golden Gate and Hohocam Road, will be affected.
The holidays on Wednesday are as follows:
- Kinney Road between Mile Wide and Red Hills Visitor Center
- McCain Loop at Tucson Mountain Park
- Golden Gate Road, also known as Bahada Loop
- Hoho Kam Road, also known as Bahada Loop
- Bahada Loop, Ezkim Injin, Soot, Bahada Wash, Valley View, Hunoris, Encinas, Sendero Esperanza, Trailhead and Picnic Area along Signal Hill
- The visitor center is open with limited service and there are no fees or pass sales
Delays can occur on Mile Wide Road and Sandario.
HBO filming causing Saguaro National Park closures Source link HBO filming causing Saguaro National Park closures