Tucson, Arizona 2020-10-17 22:05:00 –
Built during the Trump administration, the border wall now stands about 190 miles along the Arizona-Mexico border.
Here are the basic details of the wall:
• Most places are 30 feet high.
• The steel bollard is 6 inches wide and is filled with concrete and rebar.
• The bollards are 4 inches apart so border guard agents can see Mexico.
• A steel anti-climbing plate is located at the top of the wall.
• The foundation of the wall extends 6-10 feet to the ground.
• Fiber optic cables on the ground can detect excavations.
• LED lights next to the wall allow agents and cameras to see illegal activity at night.
• New or improved access roads help agents respond quickly.
• In most cases, new walls will replace various head-height barriers designed to prevent smugglers from driving across national borders.
• The wall is expected to last 30 years.
• The planned 240-mile wall in Arizona will cost more than $ 4.5 billion.
• The approximately 730-mile border wall that the Trump administration plans to build received $ 10 billion from the Pentagon and $ 5 billion from Congress.
Please contact the reporter Curt Prendergast (573-4224 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter @ CurtTucsonStar.
Subscribe to the Daily Headline Newsletter.