Riverside, California 2021-09-28 15:57:28 –
It’s almost time to register to vote in Texas.
The last day to register to vote for state-wide elections is Monday, October 4. Eight amendments to the State Constitution will be featured in this election.
Here’s what you need to know:
How to Register to Vote in Texas
At least 30 days before the election, the Texans must complete a registration application and mail it to a voter registrar in the county.You can request an application on mail, Or found in the voter registration office, public library. Post office, high school.
When mailing the application, please make sure it is postmarked by October 4th.
Are you registered to vote in Texas?
You can see voter registration status, voting locations, early voting locations, registration information, and major election dates by visiting. Texas Secretary of State “Am I Registered?” System..
What are the eligibility requirements to vote?
To vote in Texas, you must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizens
- Texas County Residents Applying for Registration
- 18+ on election day
- You must be ultimately not convicted of a felony, or have completed your sentence, including periods of imprisonment, parole, and supervision, or have completed a court order probation period.Or amnesty or otherwise qualified to vote
- Not fully considered by the court to be “mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated”
Voting registration method by mail
To vote by mail, you must meet the following conditions:
- 65 years of age or older
- Ill or disabled
- Outside the county during election dates and early voting
- Eligible if you are in jail but otherwise
What the Texans will vote for in November of this year
There are eight amendments to the Constitution of Texas proposed during the 87th Congressional Session. These proposed amendments are Texas Secretary of State website..
Major election days
- Last day of voting registration: October 4th (Monday)
- First day of early voting: October 18th (Monday)
- Last day of application for ballot by mail received by the election office: Friday, October 22
- Last day of early voting: Friday, October 29
- Election Day and Last Day of Voting by Mail Ballot: Tuesday, November 2
Ashlee Burns covers South Texas trending news and the latest news. See subscription options and special offers at Caller.com/subscribe
Here’s what you should know Source link Here’s what you should know