Honolulu, Hawaii 2021-06-10 11:23:05 –
June 4, 2021
Oahu – Starting next Monday, some city park pools will participate in a pilot program aimed at enabling more public access.
The new pool operation procedure is as follows:
- No time limit for lane use (previous limit was 45 minutes)
- Multiple people can occupy the swimlane if the members are in the same household
- No reservation. Walk-in only. Those waiting must stay outside the pool facility.
- Immediate turnaround between lane use
This pilot program includes pools in the following parks:
- Booth District Park
- Mark Takai Veterans Memorial Aquatics Center (half of 20 lanes)
- Kaneohe District Park
- Capa Orono Community Park
- Makiki District Park
- Marana Neighborhood Park
- Paloro Valley District Park
- Waikele Community Park
This pilot program will be reviewed after the first two weeks period. Honolulu Park Recreation Department staff will monitor public comments, user behavior / preferences, and impact on the entire pool to determine the feasibility of the pilot program.
Currently, only lap swimming is allowed in the city pool. We look forward to allowing more diverse uses of the city park pool in the near future.
This press release was created by Honolulu City and CountyThe expressed views are the author’s own.
Honolulu City Pool Pilot Program To Allow Extended Access For Lap Swimming Source link Honolulu City Pool Pilot Program To Allow Extended Access For Lap Swimming