Las Vegas, Nevada 2021-10-15 20:37:00 –
Las Vegas (FOX5)-The Huntridge Theater in Las Vegas is one of the 11 Nevada Cultural Landmarks considered “most endangered” by the Nevada Reserve.
This group is the first historic preservation organization in the entire state.
“Although all the items on our list are somehow endangered, the continued economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic can lead to budget cuts, and the very real threat of wildfire is It can pose a danger to many historic sites, “says Michael Green. , Associate Professor of History at UNLV and Executive Director of Preserve, Nevada.
The list “calls for action from a multifaceted consortium of community members, governments, nonprofits, and other collaborators,” wrote a UNLV spokesman. In a press release..
Click here for more information For each item in the list:
- Rear theater, Reno
- Owyhee Stone Buildings, Owyhee Reservation, Elko County
- Commercial Hotel, Elco
- Goldfield High School, Goldfield
- Austin building
- Indigenous languages of Nevada
- Tonopah Army Airfield
- Stewart Indian School in Carson City
- Huntridge Theater, Las Vegas
- Courthouses in Hawthorne, Tonopah and Austin
- Multiple rural graveyards and burial grounds
Copyright 2021 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation).all rights reserved..