Albuquerque, New Mexico 2021-07-30 08:53:03 –
Albuquerque, New Mexico (KRQE) – A man’s trial accused of shooting a teenager during a homecoming party continues on Friday morning. Isaia Garcia, 20 years old He is guilty of a single murder, weighted assault, and falsification of evidence about his role in the 2019 shooting.
- Prosecutors wrap up case in 2019 murder trial of a man accused of killing a teenager
- Day 6: The murder trial of a man accused of killing a teenager at a party in 2019 continues
- Jury reviews post-arrest interview with a man accused of killing a teenager at a party in 2019
- Izaiah Garcia’s trial enters week two, with jury reviewing autopsy results for 17-year-old victim
- Witness testimony continues in a man’s trial accused of shooting a teenager at a return party
- An opening statement is made and witness testimony begins with a man’s trial accused of murdering a teen in Albuquerque.
- Sean Marquee murder suspect seems to have something to do with Keila Campos
- Family: Sandia High Senior killed in a shooting in northeastern Albuquerque
- Suspect nominated and charged with murder of Keila Campos in 2019
- Police investigate shootings of witnesses of suspected armed robbers
The jury heard more forensic evidence against Garcia, who was accused of shooting 17-year-old Sean Marquee outside the party. On Thursday, Albuquerque police station firearms expert The Hague explained how the bullet was connected to Garcia’s gun and where Marquee was shot.
The prosecutor closed the proceedings on behalf of the state late Thursday afternoon. The trial is now in the hands of Garcia’s defense lawyer, who is recalling detectives, including Det, to the stand. Andrea Ortiz and APD’s crime scene unit. Judge Loveless initially expected the trial to end on time by Friday afternoon, but it’s unclear if that’s still the case.
Izaiah Garcia trial enters day 8; defense prepares to bring detectives back to stand Source link Izaiah Garcia trial enters day 8; defense prepares to bring detectives back to stand