Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-07-28 10:31:28 –
Jenks, Oklahoma — Jenks Public Schools are resuming virtual school enrollment in light of recent COVID numbers in Tulsa County.
JPS has sent an email to parents in the upcoming 2021-202 academic year informing them that they will begin enrolling options for Trojan Connect, a full-time virtual school for K-6 students.
The email also states that “important work” has been done to make Trojan Connect a “more powerful program for students” entering its second year.
Some of the updates are:
- Rationalization of communication efforts: The Trojan Connect program will now work with Jenx East Elementary (K-4) and Jenx East Intermediate (5-6). When the student returns to the face-to-face environment, they will return to the home site identified by the boundaries of the JPS district.
- Connection time: Each week, Trojan Connect teachers specify a set time for students to come to campus for peer group interaction, library time, small group instruction, evaluation, and intervention.
- Updated programming: Trojan Connect is set up to take a closer look at the pace and coordination of Jenks Public Schools. Multiple courseware platforms and programs are used to support student learning.
- Additional options: Trojan Connect students now have access to music, arts, physical education and STEM.
- One-on-one help: Currently, there are steps to identify students at risk of failure and are part of the structure of all Jenks students in the program.
The deadline for parents to submit their Trojan Connect application is Friday, August 13th, 5 pm. Interested families of K-6 students can apply. here..
The process for 7th to 12th grade Jenks students is very different. If you have 7th to 12th grade students who are interested in Trojan Connect, JPS encourages parents to contact their school site for more information on options and availability.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere-
Jenks Public Schools reopens enrollment for virtual school Source link Jenks Public Schools reopens enrollment for virtual school