Colorado Springs, Colorado 2021-07-17 22:23:15 –
Colorado Springs-The Colorado Transport Authority has announced several planned lane closures at the intersection of Powers Boulevard (CO 21) and Research Parkway starting Sunday, July 18.
Construction workers continue to work at the new interchange, requiring both daytime and nighttime closures.
The CDOT and contractor crew will install temporary traffic lights, pave future detours, remove existing pavement, move northbound electricity west and begin construction of the bridge.
Several lane closures are planned on different days, depending on the amount of work required.
The speed limit has been reduced to 45 MPH for Powers and 35 MPH for Research. The driver should expect a delay.
All planned closures are as weather permits.
- Colorado Springs Utility will close the leftmost two lanes of Westbound Research from Powers to Channel Drive from Monday, July 19th to Monday, August 2nd. This closure is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monday, July 19th to Friday, July 23rd, 9 am-3pm daily: The Research Parkway between Channel Drive and Grand Cordera Parkway closes the left lane to the east and west.
- Every night from 7pm to 5am, Sunday 18th July to Thursday 22nd July: East Bound and West Bound Research Parkways turn right towards the closure of Powers Boulevard.
- Every night from Sunday, July 18th to Thursday, July 22nd, from 7pm to 5am: East Bound and West Bound Research Parkways passing through the lane closure between the channel driver and the Grand Cordera Parkway
- Every night from 9 pm to 6 am, Sunday 18 July to Thursday 22 July: Intermittent single lane closure of Southbound Powers Boulevard between Briargate Parkway and Woodman Road, and eastbound Closed left turn lane to Research Parkway
- Every night from 9pm to 6am, Sunday 18th July to Thursday 22nd July: Intermittent single lane closure between Northbound Powers Boulevard Woodman Road and Briargate Parkway, and westbound Closed left turn lane to Research Parkway
- Every night from 9 pm to 6 am, from Sunday, July 18 to Thursday, July 22: Northbound and Southbound Powers Boulevard is a right-turn lane dedicated to closing the Research Parkway.
Lane closures scheduled at Powers and Research Source link Lane closures scheduled at Powers and Research