Las Vegas, Nevada 2021-10-19 13:08:00 –
Las Vegas (FOX5)-More Las Vegas are dying from overdose of fentanyl than ever before.
In 2020, 193 people died in Clark County, an increase of almost 200% over the previous year. In the first six months of 2021, 146 South Nevadans died in the same way.
Christina Perkins lost her 17-year-old son Geo to a silent killer after a teenager unknowingly consumed a painkiller mixed with fentanyl.
Still saddened by unimaginable losses, Perkins launched Gio’s World, a non-profit organization aimed at raising awareness. She wants to prevent the same tragedy from happening to other local families.
Friday, October 22nd would have been Geo’s 19th birthday. To commemorate the day, she and her husband paid 10 PSA signs to climb around Las Vegas. Perkins hopes they will trigger a life-saving conversation.
The family has already paid for the sign for six months, but their goal is to keep it for a year.
Perkins launched to cover costs GoFundMe..
If you know someone who is suffering from addiction, click here For local resources that may be able to help.
Copyright 2019 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation).all rights reserved..