Las Vegas, Nevada 2021-09-16 10:46:00 –
Las Vegas (FOX5)-Las Vegas Metropolitan Police are calling on the community to take precautions to prevent robbery.
This is after a letter from the Sun City Summerlin Community Association sent a letter informing residents of the robbery in the area. According to a letter from the community board, there were more than 55 intrusions into the community between April and August.
LVMPD provided the following tips to prevent robbery:
- Report suspicious persons, vehicles, and actions to LVMPD. This is especially true for vehicles parked on the street looking at the house.
- Use 911 for emergencies and 311 for non-emergency.
- Notify Volunteer Security Team After LVM PD
- Build relationships with your neighbors and be careful with each other when you’re not at home
- Share information within your community on social media sites (Nextdoor, Ring, or group text messages)
- Invest in home security measures before you get hurt.
- Home alarm systems with motion sensors and glass breakage sensors are most effective
- Properly placed external surveillance cameras are not only a deterrent, but also provide images to investigators.Make sure they are recording
- Security film glass protection makes it difficult to break in and out through windows
- If you have a dog, make sure the dog door is fixed and not easily accessible.Even the smallest doggie door can enter your home
- Lock all doors and windows in both your home and your car
- Do not leave the garage door opener on a vehicle parked outdoors or leave the garage door open
- Arm your security system whenever you leave the house