Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky 2021-07-27 10:21:14 –
Lexington, Kentucky (LEX 18) — The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department is urging people to be vaccinated as the city’s daily COVID-19 cases continue to grow.
According to health officials, the city’s 7-day moving average is up to 71 cases per day, compared to the 7 cases at the beginning of the month. Fayette County reported 210 new COVID-19 cases from Saturday to Monday.
Almost 66% of people in Fayette County (aged 12 and over) are fully vaccinated, but health officials say more people get injections to slow the spread of COVID-19 in everyone. Say you need.
“It’s still possible for a fully vaccinated person to get COVID-19, but the symptoms are less severe and the need for hospitalization will be much less,” the agency wrote in a Facebook post. .. “Since February 2021, 94% of Lexington’s COVID-19-related hospitalizations have been in unvaccinated or completely unvaccinated people.”
This week, the health department has partnered with Fayette County Public School to offer two free COVID-19 vaccination clinics. We accept carry-on. Both carry Pfizer vaccines for ages 12 and up.
- Wednesday, July 28, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Crawford Middle School, 1813 Charleston Drive.
- Thursday, July 29, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Southern Junior High School, 400 Wilson Downing Road.
The free COVID-19 vaccine is also available on the same day at the 650 Newtown Pike Public Health Clinic every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. (859) Call 288-2483 to schedule your booking. The Public Health Clinic offers Moderna and Janssen vaccines over the age of 18 and Pfizer vaccines over the age of 12.
Both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations can help delay outbreaks in the following ways:
- Avoid close contact with sick people, especially those with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, muscle / body pain, taste / smell loss, nausea, etc.).
- Covers coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your face in a crowded public area.