Albuquerque, New Mexico 2021-10-12 00:11:06 –
Albuquerque, New Mexico (KRQE) – The rally at Civic Plaza was a celebration and call for action on behalf of New Mexico and the indigenous communities across the country.Albuquerque celebrated Indigenous Day by remembering the life of Indigenous women murdered or missing..
The story continues below:
- Balloon Fiesta: Balloon Fiesta officials say the 2021 event was a success
- weather: Another storm brings strong winds and chilly temperatures
- jobs: Closures taking place to protect indigenous days
- crime: A man accused of overrunning a lieutenant by a police aide outside Balloon Fiesta
- KRQEEn Español: Viernes 8 de Octubre 2021
Mayor Tim Keller He also signed a recently passed law recognizing 4H Park and Menaur as sacred places near the 12th.Or The park was a burial ground The former Albuquerque Indian School was part of the legacy of 19th and 20th century boarding schools, aimed at assimilating Native American children.
“We recently recognized all the innocent lives brought about by the atrocities that took place in boarding schools, all the young and innocent Native American children who were taken from their hometowns to other parts of the world. They are expected to lead different lives. “
This is the third year the city has officially celebrated Indigenous Peoples Day.
Locals gather at Civic Plaza for Indigenous Peoples' Day Source link Locals gather at Civic Plaza for Indigenous Peoples' Day