Honolulu, Hawaii 2021-04-04 16:51:50 –
(NEXSTAR) – After receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, you will receive a vaccination card that records the type of vaccine and the date of vaccination.
But what if I lose my card?
For one thing, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends taking pictures of both sides of the card in case you lose it. But if you forget to do so, what you say you can do with the CDC is:
- To access your vaccination records, please contact your vaccination provider directly.
- If you cannot contact the vaccination provider, contact the state health department’s vaccination information system.You can find status IIS information Here..
- If you are enrolled in v-safe or VaxText, you can use these tools to access your vaccination information.
- If you have made every effort to receive a copy of your vaccination card, but still need a second shot, please consult your vaccination provider.
When you receive your vaccination card, don’t post a selfie, says the Watchdog Group.
according to Better business bureauPosting a vaccination card on social media can be a victim of personal information theft and “help scammers create fake versions.”
“The card contains information about your name, birthday, and where you got the vaccine. It provides valuable information for everyone to use if your social media privacy settings aren’t set high. It may be, “the group warns.
The· Federal Trade Commission When posting a photo of the card, the station responded to warn of the threat of personal information theft as well.
But that’s not the only problem. According to the agency, British scammers were found selling fake vaccination cards on eBay and TikTok, “it’s only a matter of time before a similar shortcoming comes to the United States.”
Posting a photo of the card helps scammers provide information that can be used to create fake cards, BBB said.
The BBB recommends the following actions to ensure your safety:
- Share your vaccine sticker or use your profile frame on Facebook.
- Check your social media security settings and double-check who you’re sharing your post with.
- “Think carefully before joining other viral personal posts,” the station says, including the type of car you own, your favorite songs, and the ones that show your favorite TV shows. I did. These “favorite things” are often used for password and security questions.
Lost your vaccination card? Here’s what to do Source link Lost your vaccination card? Here’s what to do