Man charged in fatal hit-and-run outside Arrowhead Stadium – Wichita, Kansas

Wichita, Kansas 2022-05-13 10:17:05 –

Kansas City, Missouri — A 19-year-old Kansas City man A deadly hit-and-run that killed a 66-year-old Wichita man leaving Arrowhead Stadium After the Chiefs Game in October 2021.

Thomas Wire is faced with one count of leaving the scene of the accident and dying.

On October 10, 2021, Stephen Hickle was crossing the Blue Ridge Cutoff with his wife on his way to a nearby church parking lot when he was injured in a traffic jam.

According to the indictment, witnesses said the one-lane and two-lane cars to the south stopped to cross the hickle, but the car in the central winding lane did not.

Witnesses told police that Hickle was attacked by a dark car that didn’t stop, and shortly thereafter, a small red SUV that also didn’t stop.

Hickle’s family, who witnessed the incident, were interviewed at the hospital, confirming what the witness had told the investigators on the scene.

Almost two months later, the detective received an anonymous hint about the conversation he heard between his mother, Shirley Ferry, and his son, Wire, who was run over by someone outside Arrowhead Stadium and didn’t stop. ..

Wire knew that he had hit something and panicked and escaped from the scene. The ferry examined under Weyer’s SUV and saw a large amount of blood.

Police contacted the ferry, who refused to talk about the incident, and Wire did not own a car.

Wayer was contacted while working at the Waffle House in Northeast Antioch Road. He also denied overrunning anyone and added that he didn’t even know where Arrowhead Stadium was.

He knew his mother owned the red Dodge Durango, but told the detective that he had been stolen in a car jack on October 23, 2021.

License plate recognition captured Dodge Durango moving south on the Blue Ridge cutoff during a hit and run. Weir was recalled to the transportation unit and recognized as a driver when Hickle was killed.

In Wire’s account, he said he stopped in the second lane and stopped to cross the hickle. He said he saw Hickle hit a car in the central turn lane and landed in his driving lane. He felt bumpy and screamed, but continued to drive.

Then he met his mother’s ferry with a man named Chris and investigated the damage to the vehicle.

The ferry was contacted by the detective again, and she again denied the knowledge of Wire, who owns the red Dodge Durango, and that someone named Chris inspected the vehicle after the incident.

Wire was arrested after hospitalization.

Man charged in fatal hit-and-run outside Arrowhead Stadium Source link Man charged in fatal hit-and-run outside Arrowhead Stadium

Back to top button