Boston, Massachusetts 2021-05-01 01:10:27 –
May is recognized as Mental Health Awareness Month every year. Over a year of global turmoil, social conflict, and forced isolation from pandemics have led to an ever-increasing demand for mental health resources. Look at yourself honestly, how are you today? How was this week? Did you notice any changes you care about? For example, are you anxious when you feel strange or inappropriate? Or maybe you’ve recently lost a mysterious interest in the activities you once enjoyed.
It may be helpful to check the mental health website or consult a professional counselor to understand what you are experiencing and to be proactive in improving your quality of life. I would like to highlight some useful links focusing on mental health and self-care skills and identify important community support services.
- Mental Health America offers Mental health toolkit, Individual links to various pages focusing on important topics such as Adapts after trauma and stress, Deal with anger and frustration, Handling major changes, More.
- National Mental Illness Family Alliance We will continue to be an excellent local resource for mental health support.Please be sure to check Virtual NAMIwalks event May 22, 2021 and May Mental health awareness page To share your story.
- City employees Boston Navigate Wellness Portal, Provides wellness resources, health recipes, seminars and more to help maintain mental health.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline We provide 24/7 free telephone support for those in need and a hotline for prevention and crisis for friends and family.The number is 1-800-273-8255..
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder Support Alliance Continues to Offer Online Support Groups For individuals facing depression, bipolar disorder, and anxiety. We also offer groups for friends and family of people suffering from these mental health problems. Registration is free, completely anonymous and confidential, and does not require a webcam.
- Care dimensions A hospice organization that hosts a large number Support group For those who are suffering from sadness and loss.check out Their event calendar About topics, dates and times.
- If you’re looking for a long-term treatment, see the list of insurance companies or use the following online resources to find a therapist in your area.
And as always, you can contact us Employee assistance program Talk to a professional counselor to assist in evaluation, counseling, or referrals. Available Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm during the following hours: 617-635-2200, And provides on-call time from 6 pm to 8 pm. Have a safe and healthy month.
Contact department: human resources
release date: Friday, April 30, 2021-3:01 pm
May is Mental Health Awareness Month Source link May is Mental Health Awareness Month