Bakersfield, California 2021-05-30 23:00:00 –
Today, several commemorative ceremonies are scheduled in honor of the country’s veterans.
• Bakersfield Breakfast Rotary Club will announce the Thousand Flag at The Park at River Walk until Monday afternoon.
Attendees can be invited to the Rotary information booth to raise a flag to commemorate or commemorate one of the heroes. The flag sponsorship fee is $ 50.
Each year, many pay tribute to the killed military heroes and to active and former military personnel and first responders.
• Camp Hamilton, located on Lerdo Highway 34999, just north of Bakersfield, will host an event to remember veterans at 2:00 pm on Monday. According to the event’s promotional flyer. The ceremony will feature a free barbecue lunch, bender table, raffle table, GLOCK 22 Gen5 gun raffle, 50/50 raffle, air soft range and bounce house. State Senator Shannon Grove will be the guest speaker.
• An indoor service will be held at Greenlawn Funeral Home Northeast on Monday at 11:00 am. According to funeral hall manager Macy McGregor, the event will be smaller than it was a few years ago and will require a mask.
Bakersfield High School ROTC will give a flag presentation and Sands of the Revolution will be attending with Honorary Guest Speakers. McGregor also said there will be a slideshow of videos and photos showing the latest section of the veterans-only cemetery.
• Monday at 9am, Union Cemetery will host an annual Memorial Day ceremony with short speeches, rifle volleys and taps.
• Hillcrest Memorial Park said the graveyard is open to the public but will not be offering Memorial Day services this year.
• The city of Tehachapi has 108 new American flags in the downtown area, demonstrating its patriotism until Veterans Day.
In addition, Tehachapi American Region Post 221 is hosting a Memorial Day parade starting Monday at 10 am. The parade route begins on Mulberry Street, runs east along F Street, turns south on Mojave Street, and ends at Central Park.Flag raising ceremony will be held at Central Park from 11:00 am
• Memorial Day service will take place on Monday at 11:00 am at the Kern River Valley Cemetery in Wofford Heights.
Memorial Day commemorations scheduled for Monday | News Source link Memorial Day commemorations scheduled for Monday | News