U.S. stock futures wobbled, as rising energy prices exacerbated concerns about inflation, and lingering worries about China’s property sector weighed on sentiment. Individual stocks were also seeing muted trading ahead Tuesday’s opening bell. Here’s what is moving:
- NanoVibronix shares fell 7% premarket Tuesday. Shares closed more than 17% higher on Monday after the healthcare device company said results were positive from a study of its tennis elbow treatment.
- Shares of cannabis company High Tide jumped 10% premarket after its wholly-owned subsidiary Canna Cabana received approval to operate in British Columbia.
- Shares of Merck edged up 1.6% premarket a day after it and partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said they have filed an application asking U.S. health regulators to authorize their Covid-19 pill, the next step toward adding a long-sought drug for use at home.
- Digital payments company Square was up 1.2% ahead of the bell, with no clear news though the stock was among the trending tickers on Stocktwits.
- Westwater Resources shares rose more than 10% premarket as the battery-grade graphite company approved Phase 1 construction of the Coosa Graphite Project in Alabama.
Chart of the Day
- The sunshine and breezes that make Brazil’s beaches a tourist destination have also drawn a large share of the world’s investment in solar and wind power to the country in recent years.
Write to Caitlin Ostroff at email@example.com
Merck, High Tide, Square: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today Source link Merck, High Tide, Square: What to Watch When the Stock Market Opens Today