Denver

Michigan teen charged in Oxford High School shooting – The Denver Post – Denver, Colorado

Denver, Colorado 2021-12-01 14:24:33 –

By RYANKRY SKA and MIKE HOUSE HOLDER

Oxford Township, Michigan (AP) — A teenager in Michigan has been charged with murder, terrorism, and other charges in a shooting that killed four students and injured another at Oxford High School in Michigan. rice field.

A few hours after authorities reported the death of a fourth teenager in a school in southeastern Michigan, accusations were announced Wednesday against 15-year-old Ethan Cranby. Crumbley is charged as an adult.

The shooting took place on Tuesday, about 30 miles north of Detroit, Oakland County.

According to investigators, Cranby was armed with a semi-automatic pistol that his father bought last week.

This is the latest news update. The previous story of AP is as follows.

Oxford Township, Michigan (AP) — A 17-year-old boy, a fourth student, died Wednesday after a second-year high school in Michigan was injured when he fired a day ago, officials said.

Other victims included a 16-year-old boy who died in a deputy police car on his way to the hospital. Seven people were injured, including a 14-year-old girl who was placed on a ventilator after surgery.

Investigators were trying to find out the motive for shooting at Oxford High School in a community of about 22,000 people about 30 miles (48 km) north of Detroit on Tuesday. Authorities said they were searching for suspects’ cell phones, school video footage, and social media posts.

“The most insightful, not motivational,” said Michael Bushar, Oakland County Sheriff, at a news conference.

The agent rushed to school around lunch break and arrested the suspect in the hallway within minutes. As the agent approached, he put his hand in the air, Bushar said.

The boy’s father on Friday bought the 9mm sigzauer used for the shooting, Mr. Bushar said. He didn’t know why the man bought a semi-automatic pistol that his son was practicing shooting by posting photos, Bushar said.

Authorities did not immediately publish the boy’s name.

The four students killed were identified as 16-year-old Tate Myre, 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana, 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin, and Justin Shilling, who died on Wednesday.

Mr. Bushar said Maia died in a police car as his adjutant tried to take him to the emergency room.

A teacher with a scratch on his shoulder was discharged, but seven students aged 14 to 17 were hospitalized overnight with gunshot wounds, he said.

When the boy surrendered, Mr. Bushar said the gun he had contained seven more ammunition.

Under Sheriff’s Mike McCabe said the student’s parents advised his son not to talk to the investigator. Police must ask the boy’s parents or guardians for permission to talk to them, he added.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said in a statement that her office expects a swift claim and will be updated on Wednesday.

After the attack, authorities learned of a social media post about the threat of shooting at school for about 1,700 students. Sheriffs emphasized how important it is to send such hints to the authorities, warning of spreading social media rumors before a full investigation.

McCabe downplayed the importance of the situation in early November when the deer head was thrown from the school roof. This has nothing to do with shooting, he said. The incident prompted school managers to post two letters to their parents on the school’s website.

According to Bushar, the students detained in the shooting had never invaded their department before and were unaware of their school disciplinary history.

“This is part of an investigation to determine what happened before this event, and if some signs were overlooked, how they were overlooked, and why.” Said.

The district said in a statement that all schools would be closed for the rest of the week.

Isabel Flores, a 15-year-old 9th grader, told Detroit television station WJBK that she and another student heard gunshots and saw another student bleeding from her face. Then they ran from the area through the back of the school, she said.

Worried parent Robin Reading said her son, 12th grade Treschan Bryant, was at home on Tuesday after hearing the threat of possible shootings.

“This couldn’t just be random,” she said.

Brian said he had heard vague threats “for a long time” about the shooting plans.

At a rally at the Lakepoint Community Church on Tuesday night, Lee Andersa held back tears while hugging her friends and neighbors. Delsa has lived in Oxford for almost all 73 years. Her grandson went to high school.

“I scared all of us terrible. It’s terrible,” Delsa said of the shooting.

Rev. Jesse Holt said shooting news flooded him and his wife, including texts from some of the 20 to 25 students in the 400 congregation.

“Some were so scared that they were hiding under the desk and sending us text messages. I heard gunshots, but it’s okay.” They were trying to calm us, at least it was. That’s how it felt, “he said.

___

Associated Press writer Corey Williams in West Bloomfield, Michigan. David Aguilar in Oxford Township, Michigan. Kathleen Hoody in Chicago. Josh Boak of Rosemount, Minnesota contributed to this report.

Michigan teen charged in Oxford High School shooting – The Denver Post Source link Michigan teen charged in Oxford High School shooting – The Denver Post

Back to top button