Bethesda’s Todd Howard will showcase Starfield at the 2018 E3 Trade Show.
Christian Petersen | Getty Images
The video game industry’s annual trade fair has been virtualized this year, and publishers have provided a new format for showing off future titles.
E3 has lost momentum in recent years Sony Withdrawing from the event for the first time in 2019, longtime host Geoff Keiighley skipped the event in 2020 for the first time in 25 years.
Still, E3 is often used as a platform for major video game companies to boost the hype of their new blockbuster. And there were some highlights from this year’s event.
The biggest announcement of the weekend was arguably Starfield. This is a science fiction epic from Microsoft Bethesda.
Microsoft I bought ZeniMax Media, the parent company of the iconic publisher The industry-shaking deal announced last year was $ 7.5 billion. One of the key outcome analysts expected from the acquisition was Xbox’s exclusive rights to some Bethesda titles.
Microsoft announced at a joint press conference with Bethesda on Sunday that Starfield will be available only on the Xbox Series X and S consoles and PCs on November 11, 2022, without delaying the removal of large guns.
Microsoft has long been seen as lagging behind Sony when it comes to monopoly, games that run on only one system. AAA franchises such as The Last of Us and God of War are key to the success of Sony’s PlayStation 4, and the company is following a similar strategy on the PS5.
Here are some other highlights from Microsoft’s E3 showcase:
- For the first time, I saw Halo Infinite’s latest online multiplayer in the Halo series.Microsoft also announced that the game will be released during the 2021 holiday season. Late last year Because of the criticism of the graphics.
- There was an official trailer for the Forza Horizon 5 racing title and a release date of November 9th.
- Microsoft has announced a new multiplayer shooter, Redfall, from the developers behind Dishonored and Prey, and announced the summer 2021 release window.
- Several popular titles, including Hades and Among Us, will be featured on Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass. NetflixGame-style subscription service.Starfield will be playable on the Game Pass From the release date..
- Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life is an expansion pack of games inspired by the original “Pirates of the Caribbean”, thanks to a partnership with Jack Sparrow, the beloved protagonist of the movie series. DisneyThe extension will arrive as a free update on June 22nd.
- On October 12th this year, a new zombie survival co-shooting game from the makers of Left 4 Dead and Back 4 Blood will be launched.
- Age of Empires IV, the fourth entry in the real-time strategy game franchise, will be available on October 28th.
Ubisoft made some big announcements at the E3 show on Saturday. The French publisher took a closer look at the story of Far Cry 6, the sixth main article in the popular Far Cry series. The game featuring Breaking Bad’s fame Giancarlo Esposito will be available on October 7th.
But a big surprise from Ubisoft’s showcase was a game based on James Cameron’s 2009 science fiction movie “Avatar.” It is called the Avatar: Pandora Frontier and features colorful creatures and environments from the Avatar universe.
Ubisoft also unveiled Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Extraction, the latest addition to the Rainbow Six tactical shooter series. The game was originally planned to be called Rainbow Six Quarantine, but Ubisoft changed the game due to controversy during the coronavirus pandemic. Extract will debut on September 16th.
Another big achievement was the new mashup of Nintendo’s Mario and Ubisoft’s Rabbids, which was called Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. The sequel to the 2017 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, the game will be available on Nintendo Switch next year.
Geoff Keighley may have broke up with E3, but he hasn’t finished broadcasting the video game yet.
The presenter hosted his new digital-only summer game fest last week. It ended with a public trailer for Elden Ring, the long-awaited role-playing title created in collaboration with Game of Thrones creator George RR Martin.
Elden Ring will be available on January 21, 2022.The publisher of the game is BANDAI NAMCO..
Meanwhile, on Sunday, Square Enix announced a new game based on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Unlike Marvel’s Avengers, another game based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it’s a single-player title. Mixed reception When released in September.
Microsoft Bethesda Starfield, Ubisoft Avatar Game
Source link Microsoft Bethesda Starfield, Ubisoft Avatar Game