Washington, District of Columbia 2021-06-08 02:49:23 –
A fire broke out in Gaithersburg, Maryland on Monday, leaving a family of five homeless. Fire officials in Montgomery County said the fire broke out in a two-story home on Aspenwood Court near North Creek Lake Park.
A fire broke out in Gaithersburg, Maryland on Monday, leaving a family of five homeless.
According to the Montgomery County Fire Department, the fire broke out in a two-story home on Aspenwood Court near North Creek Lake Park.
Update (6/7 ~ 5p) 9513 Aspenwood Ct, Gburg; Cause, the ignition sequence began with overheating of the (overloaded) fireplace and exhaust from the metal box (extended to a wooden frame and attic). Origin: Crate chimney (metal chimney); Damage, $ 350K; 4 adults and 1 child evacuated. https://t.co/PbQNQp4lLt pic.twitter.com/rBWd141IVz
— Pete Pilinger (@mcfrsPIO) June 8, 2021
A spokeswoman, Pete Pilinger, tweeted that the fireplace in the house broke out of the chimney after it overheated.
Four adults and one child left the house safely. No injuries have been reported.
Update – 9500blk Aspenwood Ct, Montgomery Village, Arrival @mcfrs FF encounters a fire from the roof, FF rescues many dogs and a few hamsters from home, dozens of rabbits evacuate to their place (in the garage), and a family of five goes out. After evacuating, about 55 FFs arrived at the scene and were not injured. https://t.co/jeSJJJH5MG pic.twitter.com/PckclvF0ch
— Pete Pilinger (@mcfrsPIO) June 7, 2021
According to Piringer, the estimated cost of damage to a home is about $ 350,000.
Firefighters also rescued several dogs, hamsters, and dozens of rabbits from the house.
Juan Herrera of WTOP contributed to this report.
Like WTOP Facebook And obey You can join this article and conversations about others on Twitter.
Sign up to deliver breaking news and daily headlines to your email inbox Here..
© 2021 W TOP. all rights reserved. This website is not intended for users within the European Economic Area.
Montgomery Co. family loses home in house fire Source link Montgomery Co. family loses home in house fire