Nashville head start put on lockdown twice after man calls in threats – Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee

Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee 2022-05-25 23:44:36 –

Nashville, Tennessee (WKRN) —Tuesday, chaos and genocide afflicted Texas, leaving 19 empty beds where children were sleeping after teenage shooters fired in a fourth grade classroom. This is the most deadly shooting in a US school in almost 10 years. It shook communities across the country and left them afraid that such things could happen in their communities.

At Tom Joy Headstart Elementary School, staff breathing became a little easier after the school was closed for two consecutive days after violence against boys.

It was a call that I had never seen people in the school come.

Steven Robertson (Metro Nashville Police Station)

“There was an unknown caller who repeatedly called our center, claiming that he had a desire to hurt his children at our center. What he was trying to do. I’ve explained a few things you can do, “said Lisa McCaddy of the Metropolitan Action Commission. “On the second day, he did the same.”

As soon as the call came in, MAC called the Metro Nashville police. Police worked on cleaning up the entire building. McCardy explained how officers checked each classroom before allowing students and parents to leave the building. The threat even delayed the graduation ceremony due to precautionary measures.

“We have a shelter-in-place plan, but unfortunately we needed training for it and the kids were great. They knew where to go and be quiet and the teachers were based on the plan. It’s a shame that we have to make such a plan, “says McCardy.

Four days after the first threat, metro police arrested 30-year-old Steven Robertson. According to police records, he called the school directly and told his employees, “Children will blow up at school.” It was a terrifying moment not only for the students and staff, but also for the community.

Robertson is faced with allegations, including threats of massive violence against schools and multiple counts of false reports. According to records, when a corresponding police officer called Robertson’s house in a half-baked house, he denied his involvement in the crime. The owner of the residence has identified the caller’s voice as Robertsons.

“Everyone, even if you weren’t in the building, your heart was here,” McCardy explained.

Fear was even higher after news of mass shootings in Texas a week later. This incident heightened the need to take the school threat seriously.

“Then, the Texas massacre that happened yesterday can be very triggering,” McCardy said. “We are now facing the situation that happened in the country where the threat occurred. We don’t even know if they knew the threat was coming, and it just happened. So all of this It can be very triggering. “

McCardy told News 2 that he checked in with his daughter, like most parents, in detail of the shootings. Because they should be a safe place for everyone, but in this world it feels like it isn’t. “

Find other top stories on

Robertson is bound by a $ 35,000 bond.

Nashville head start put on lockdown twice after man calls in threats Source link Nashville head start put on lockdown twice after man calls in threats

Back to top button