Minneapolis

NBA suspends Timberwolves’ Malik Beasley for 12 games without pay for September incident – Twin Cities

2021-02-25 18:33:12 –

The NBA announced Thursday that Timberwolves security guard Malik Beasley has been suspended for 12 games due to a September incident outside Plymouth’s residence.

Beasley will miss Saturday’s match in Washington and will soon be suspended. Assuming no postponement of Minnesota’s schedule, the earliest Beasley was able to return to action, but on March 27 against Houston.

In response to his suspension, Beesley issued the following statement athletics: I apologize to all the great fans who have supported me during this difficult time and promise to be back soon as better people and players. ”

Beasley was found guilty of a felony threat of violence earlier this month and will serve 120 days in a poorhouse or house arrest after the Timberwolves season is over.

In September, during a tour of the Parade of Homes, a family with children in the back seats was pulled up next to Beasley’s residence. According to the criminal accusation, Beasley went out with an assault rifle and turned angry at the car, shouting to his family to get off his property.

Later, when police arrived and searched Beasley’s house, they found a large amount of marijuana. The charges of possession of drugs were dismissed.

A statement about the victim’s effects was read during Beesley’s remote judgment on behalf of the family citing the serious trauma caused by Beesley’s actions. The statement pointed out how the incident had a personal and professional negative impact on their lives.

Beasley apologized for his actions and wanted to meet in person with his injured family and express his regrets. However, he said he was not allowed to contact his family and would instead contact them by letter.

“I’m not that person,” Beasley said during the ruling. “I humbly apologize for my actions.”

Beasley will shoot 46 percent of the field and 41 percent of the 3-point range in an average of 20.5 points this season. Two months after the incident, Timberwolves signed a four-year, $ 60 million contract with Beasley during legal proceedings.

“As an organization, we fully support the NBA’s decision today,” Gerson Rosas, president of Timberwolves’ basketball business, said in a statement Thursday. “We look forward to his growth as we work with Malik to promote his growth as a player and as a person.”

NBA suspends Timberwolves’ Malik Beasley for 12 games without pay for September incident – Twin Cities Source link NBA suspends Timberwolves’ Malik Beasley for 12 games without pay for September incident – Twin Cities

Back to top button