Portland

Neighbor’s warning saves families in fourplex fire – Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon 2021-09-25 15:43:10 –

Portland, Oregon (KOIN) — A vigilant neighbor’s warning may have saved lives from a fire that affected seven adults and five children early Saturday morning.

According to the Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue, a house fire broke out on Saturday just before 6am in the 19000 block of Northwest Mahama Place. Several 911 callers reported seeing flames emanating from the ground in one of the Forplex units.

By the time the firefighters arrived, a fierce flame exploded from the front door and windows, but no one was inside.

According to TVF & R, all residents of the building had already been evacuated thanks to their neighbors who saw the fire and issued a warning across the street. Fire officials said the warning that the neighbor’s door was pounding was just in time to awaken the inhabitants before Inferno spread into the bedroom.

The crew subdued the fire within 30 minutes of being dispatched, but officials said the flame had caused enormous damage to one of the units. Adjacent units were also moderately torched and expelled both families.

According to TVF & R, the other two units were unharmed by the flames and no injuries were reported.

Authorities have not yet released details on the cause of the fire, according to TVF & R, but have called on landlords and homeowners to confirm that smoke detectors and sprinklers are working on the property.

Neighbor’s warning saves families in fourplex fire Source link Neighbor’s warning saves families in fourplex fire

Back to top button