Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2021-05-04 15:00:11 –
By Josh Grant
In the case of New Pittsburgh Courier
Your social security statement shows the amount you or your family can expect to receive for disability, survivors, and retirement benefits. It also provides a record of revenue history and other valuable information. And now it’s even better!
Added a new fact sheet that accompanies online statements. Fact sheets are designed to provide clear and useful information based on age group and revenue. They can help you better understand social security programs and benefits.
The new statement fact sheet covers the following topics:
• Retirement preparation for workers in four age groups.
• Uncovered profitable workers who may be subject to storms
Elimination clause and government pension offset.
• Social security basics for new employees.
• How people are eligible for benefits (for those who do not have sufficient labor credits).
• How will additional work increase future profits?
• Preparing Medicare for workers over the age of 62.
The best way to access your statement and new fact sheet is to use your personal my social security account. If you do not have my personal Social Security account, be sure to create one at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
For more information, please visit the Social Security Statement web page (www.ssa.gov/myaccount/statement.html). Share these resources with your friends and family.
(Josh Grant is the Social Security District Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
New fact sheets added to your online statement Source link New fact sheets added to your online statement