Santa Ana, California 2021-09-24 12:22:49 –
The Santa Ana City Council voted 4-3 at 2:00 am on September 22, and when fully approved, approved a series of rent management and peasant eviction protection ordinances and measures.
- For buildings built before 1995 and mobile homes built before 1990, the maximum rent is 3% per year or 80% of inflation, whichever is lower.
- For tenants who have lived in the house for 30 days or more, the landlord will limit the cases where the tenant can be deported by enacting “movement for a valid reason”. The law requires the landlord to provide a move-out notice in the language used by the owner and tenant to negotiate the rental agreement.
- We will secure $ 300,000 from the pandemic bailout to create a “Peasant Eviction Defense Fund” and hire a consultant to act as a bridge until the city creates a new rent management committee and apartment rent register.
- Instruct city officials to further investigate how these protections are implemented.
City council members are also last-minute on the proposed policy, including adding a legal definition of rent to the bill and a citation priority warning system to educate landlords who violate the new policy before being brought to court. I made a change in.
Mayor Vince Salmiento and city councilors Thai Vietnam Fan, Jesse Lopez and Jonathan Hernandez voted for the ordinance and measures, while city councilors Phil Basera, David Penarosa and Nerida Mendoza opposed.
A second reading will take place at the city council on October 5, after which these ordinances and measures will come into effect.
The disadvantages of rent management are:
- Rent management caps profitability
- Bad tenants left behind
- Rent management policy may forget the impact of property tax
The good points of rent management are as follows.
- Decrease tenant sales
- Reducing the financial burden helps tenants fulfill their household obligations
- Less development means less competition
New Santa Ana | The Santa Ana City Council passed rent control and eviction protection measures Source link New Santa Ana | The Santa Ana City Council passed rent control and eviction protection measures