Virginia Beach, Virginia 2020-09-16 17:14:07 –
NEW BERN, N.C. (WAVY) – A Moyock man was sentenced Thursday to 77 months in prison for possession of a firearm by a felon.
According to court documents, Zakem Rahmere Clinton, 27, was found in possession of a loaded firearm while the police were executing a search warrant at his Moyock home.
The Currituck County Sheriff’s Office received information from Virginia Beach authorities that Clinton was among those present at the scene of a homicide.
When deputies executed the warrant, they found a loaded Taurus 9mm handgun in Clinton’s bedroom. Police say Clinton admitted to possessing the gun on the night the homicide occurred.
- North Carolina man sentenced to 77 months for possession of firearm by felon
- Pressure to produce vaccine heightens tensions on Capitol Hill
- Beaches in Hampton are now open to dogs until end of Spring
- Survey: Majority of young North Carolinians don’t know 6 million Jews were killed in Holocaust
- ‘People are suffering’: House caucus hopes to break Congressional gridlock with new COVID-19 relief proposal