Oakland, California 2021-03-04 13:57:30 –
Auckland — A 25-year-old Oakland man accepted a judicial transaction and manslaughter conviction two years after being charged with fatally shooting a man in a homeless camp in West Auckland.
The 25-year-old Frank Kennedy has been sentenced to 18 years in state prison as part of a judicial transaction with the Alameda County Prosecutor. He insisted he would not object to the killing of 33-year-old Robert Tuck III in a shooting at a homeless camp on Wood Street’s 2500 blocks.
Police said the shooting was videotaped, thanks to surveillance cameras in the area.
The plea bargain took place at a court hearing on almost February 18. Two years after the killing of Tuck.. Court records show that Kennedy will be officially sentenced later this month.
Police said Kennedy and Tuck didn’t know each other at the time, but entered into discussions prior to the shooting. Authorities then claimed that Kennedy had cut his dreadlocks in an attempt to disguise, but investigators later found the hair in the bag.
Kennedy was arrested in the same homeless camp in the tent where he lived after police issued an investigation warrant. Since then, he has been in Santa Rita Prison in Dublin.
In exchange for his plea for non-conflict, the prosecutor dismissed the murder and gun charges against Kennedy.
Oakland man takes plea deal in fatal shooting at homeless camp – East Bay Times Source link Oakland man takes plea deal in fatal shooting at homeless camp – East Bay Times