Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 2020-09-16 11:20:59 –
EDMOND, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials with the Edmond Police Department say they have arrested a stolen car suspect after a short chase Tuesday night.
According to authorities, a police officer was trying to pull over a car on a traffic violation around 10:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The driver fled police near I-35 and 2nd street and finally stopped on Air Depot between 33rd & 15th street.
Officers on scene said a black female jumped out of the car and took off into the woods with a black bag.
OKC sent Air One to assist with the search. A K-9 unit also assisted at the scene.
Officials say that the suspect’s ID was discovered in the car during their search.
The suspect was arrested around 2 a.m. Wednesday.
Recent KFOR News Headlines:
- Interactive: How the wildfire smoke in the West is affecting your state
- ‘It’s really open to anyone’: Amazon kicks off career fair, set to fill 33,000 jobs averaging $150K
- 351 sea turtles found dead on coast where 137 sea lions died
- Peanut butter boom: Texas peanut farmer keeps a positive attitude amid coronavirus
- List of businesses that will stay closed on Thanksgiving