Portland

Oregon extends Landlord Compensation Fund deadline – Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon 2021-06-16 20:35:48 –

Landlord must apply for assistance by June 23

File: “Rental” sign-in Oregon.

Portland, Oregon (KOIN) — The deadline for Oregon landlords to apply for tenant rental debt compensation due to the financial damage of the coronavirus pandemic has been extended from Friday, June 18 to Wednesday, June 23. I did.

Margaret Salazar, director of the Oregon Housing Community Services (OHCS), told the landlord that millions of dollars were available to the landlord to support the State Landlords Compensation Fund (LCF) program. We recommend that you apply immediately.

A statement, OHCS will support at least $ 60 million to cover rents by eligible tenants from April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 in the third round of LCF, which opened on June 1. Said it was available.

OHCS encourages tenants to pay July rent while waiting for help to cover past rents rented to avoid evictions of peasants, when community organizations distribute funds He said he would ask the landlord for patience.

Officials said up to 80% of the rent rented between April 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 could be compensated to the landlord for qualified residents. However, this qualifies that the participating landlord must allow the remaining 20% ​​of the tenant’s debt.

Only after the funds are available will the landlord be able to apply for LCF funds to cover the former lessor.Landlords can find out more about how to apply at This link..

Authorities warn that the Landlord Compensation Fund should not be confused with the Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program, also managed by OHCS and recently opened to low-income tenant applications. Tenants in need of assistance Oregonrentalassistance.org..

Oregon extends Landlord Compensation Fund deadline Source link Oregon extends Landlord Compensation Fund deadline

Back to top button