Portland, Oregon 2021-04-13 19:16:26 –
Oregon Health Department reports five new COVID-related deaths on Tuesday
Portland, Oregon (KOIN) — Five more people were killed in a COVID-19-positive test, the Oregon Department of Health said Tuesday.
These recent deaths have increased the death toll from COVID-19 in Oregon to 2,446. OHA also reported 567 new confirmed putative cases of the virus, increasing the state-wide total to 171,398. More information on the deceased and these latest incidents can be found at the end of this article.
OHA to all vaccine providers throughout the state Stop taking Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday After the announcement by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration, we were working to determine if there was a link between the vaccine and the blood clot.
“The Oregon Department of Health (OHA) has urged all state vaccine providers to immediately stop taking Johnson & Johnson vaccine, following a statement from the US CDC and FDA this morning,” OHA said in a statement. It is stated in. “This should be taken with caution as we are reviewing six rare and severe types of blood clots in women aged 18-48 years after Johnson & Johnson vaccination.”
OHA reported on Tuesday that 29,935 COVID-19 vaccinations were added to the state’s vaccination registry.
To date, Pfizer has received 1,194,369 doses, Modana 1,036,596 doses, and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 85,148 doses in Oregon. A total of 916,207 people have been fully vaccinated and 1,447,624 have been vaccinated at least once.
197 people were treated for COVID-19 at a hospital in Oregon on Tuesday, and 52 patients were in the ICU bed.
567 new cases were reported in the following counties: Baker (5), Benton (17), Clatsop (51), Clatsop (3), Colombia (6), Couse (12), Crook (7), Curry. (7), Deschutes (34), Douglas (10), Grant (5), Harney (3), Hood River (8), Jackson (53), Jefferson (1), Josephine (7), Klamath (24), Lake (3), Lane (39), Lincoln (9), Lynn (16), Maruru (5), Marion (35), Multnomah (83), Pork (6), Tillamook (2), Umatilla (11), Union (1), Wasco (3), Washington (95), Yamhill (6).
Deaths reported on Tuesday include:
- A 72-year-old woman from Clackamas County who tested positive on December 11, 2020 and died at the Providence Portland Medical Center on December 27, 2020. She had a fundamental condition.
- An 80-year-old woman from Linn County died on January 14, 2020 at Santiam Hospital after a positive test on December 25, 2020. The existence of the underlying condition has been confirmed.
- A 91-year-old woman from Marion County died at home on April 7, after testing positive on April 8. She had a fundamental condition.
- A 93-year-old man from Multnomah County tested positive on January 5 and died at the Adventist Medical Center on February 19. He had a fundamental condition.
- A 64-year-old woman from Coos County died on March 11 at Bay Area Hospital after a positive test on March 15. She had a fundamental condition.
Oregon halts use of J&J vaccine after 85K doses given Source link Oregon halts use of J&J vaccine after 85K doses given