Fresno, California 2021-05-29 19:46:17 –
Kimberly Crane, Destiny Crane’s mother, said her daughter had a fire while filming a TikTok video in her home toilet in Portland.
“It was unrealistic and almost heartbreaking,” she said. “I don’t think anyone wants to see their daughter burn. That was horrifying.”
Destiny’s sister, Andrea, said her friend was there when it happened on May 14.
“She was filming TikToks and she was filming TikToks,” Andrea said.
TikTok video that she seems to have been trying to imitate Shows a man spraying a hairspray Light the fire on the mirror.
“There was a bottle of alcohol with a lid on the counter, the entire side of which burst open, and there was a lighter and a broken candle,” Andrea said. “That is, this is like the conclusion we have reached.”
Portland Fire and Rescue is answering the phone and proceeding with the investigation. Firefighter Rob Garrison said these challenges put everyone at risk.
“This may be one of the most dangerous things someone has done in my life,” he said.
Garrison said when your skin caught fire. It burns in a few seconds.
“If you want, you can stand next to the lake and light the fire. By the time you get to the water, you’re probably burned,” Garrison said.
She has had a tracheostomy since Destini was first admitted to the ICU, and doctors are currently doing skin grafts on her neck and arms. The Crane’s warns other parents about the dangers these videos pose and says they want to prevent others from doing this.
“Kids can go unnoticed into dangerous situations, so keep an eye on what they’re looking at,” Andrea said.
Garrison said parents need to talk to their children about this.
“Not only do we endanger ourselves, we endanger the whole family and everyone in the building,” he said.
Family has GoFundMe page It was established to subsidize medical expenses.
Oregon teen in hospitalized ICU after attempting TikTok fire challenge Source link Oregon teen in hospitalized ICU after attempting TikTok fire challenge