Panama City

Panama City, FL – Freeport home damaged in early morning house fire

Panama City, FL –

Posted: Update:

Courtesy of: Walton County Fire Rescue

FREEPORT, Fla. (WMBB) – A family’s home in Freeport was badly damaged after a fire broke out in their garage Monday morning.

According to Walton County Fire Rescue, this happened shortly after 7 a.m. at a house on Yankee Drive.

When first responders arrived, they saw flames coming out of the garage and smoke coming from the attic of the house.

Firefighters fought the blaze for more than thirty minutes before the blaze was extinguished. Walton County fire crews managed to contain the fire in the garage and bedroom at the back of the house. However, the house suffered extensive smoke damage.

All residents and family pets were safely out of the house and the American Red Cross was called in to help.

Firefighters said the fire was believed to have been caused by a short in the dryer and does not appear to be of a suspicious nature.

Freeport home damaged in early morning house fire Source link Freeport home damaged in early morning house fire

Back to top button