Denver, Colorado 2022-07-01 23:07:18 –
Colorado Springs, Colorado — According to Colorado Springs police, the parents of a 15-month-old boy were arrested after his child died of an overdose of fentanyl while at home.
On November 12, 2021, a criminal unit against a child was informed of the death of Cairo Jaquastacio, 15 months old.
Investigations revealed that Cairo died from an overdose of fentanyl while at home. According to Colorado Springs police, his parents, 36-year-old Joeny Astacio and 29-year-old Kiravilarva, were under the influence of fentanyl at the time of Cairo’s death.
Authorities found drug-related equipment and drugs during a search for the house, police said in a statement.
On June 10, arrest warrants were issued to Astacio and Villalba for the deliberate / reckless death of child abuse. According to Colorado Springs police, the two were successfully arrested.
“We are saddened that one of the youngest members of the community has been tragically lost due to the fentanyl epidemic,” Adrian Basquez said in a press release. A devastating drug, despite legislative efforts to reduce the ability to hold people who own and sell fentanyl within our community. “
Parents arrested after Colorado Springs 15-month-old dies of fentanyl overdose Source link Parents arrested after Colorado Springs 15-month-old dies of fentanyl overdose