Riverside, California 2021-09-17 15:24:13 –
The Pentagon initially stated that the August 29 strike had been killed and was an Islamic State radical, but turned the course on Friday.
Washington- Editor’s Note: The video above is from August 30, 2021 immediately after the drone attack.
The Pentagon withdrew from defense of a drone strike that killed multiple civilians in Afghanistan last month, and internal reviews revealed that only civilians were killed in the attack, not the first believed Islamic state militants. Announced that it was revealed.
“The strike was a tragic mistake,” US Central Command Marine Commander Frank Mackenzie said at a Pentagon press conference.
In the days following the August 29 strike, Pentagon officials claimed it was done correctly, despite the killings of many civilians, including children. The press later questioned that version of the event, supporting the Pentagon’s claim that the driver of the targeted vehicle was a longtime employee of an American humanitarian organization and that the vehicle contained explosives. He mentioned that there was no evidence.
McKenzie said the vehicle was attacked “seriously” that the targeted vehicle poses an imminent threat.
“I’m now convinced that as many as 10 civilians, including up to 7 children, were tragically killed in the strike,” Mackenzie said. -K, or a direct threat to the US military, “he added, referring to the Islamic State group’s Afghan affiliates.
Pentagon: August drone strike killed civilians Source link Pentagon: August drone strike killed civilians