Wichita, Kansas 2021-06-11 06:07:00 –
Wichita, Kansas (KSNW) – In the 21st year of the program, K-State Research and Extension encourages local gardeners to add columns to their gardens to participate in “planting columns for hunger.” doing.
By planting extra rows, local gardeners can donate fresh produce to help low-income and older people in Sedgwick County. Common Ground Producers & Growers Inc. collects and distributes agricultural products.
Gardeners with extra produce can drop it to the following locations:
- Augusta Ace Home Center, 316 W. 7Th Ave. (Augusta) (Products donated locally at Augusta)
- Brady nursery school, 11200W.Kellogg
- Hillside nursery school, 2200S.Hillside
- Hillside Feed and Seed, 1805S.Hillside
- Johnson’s Garden Center, 6225E. Shady Brook and 2707W. 13Th
- Valley Feed & Seed, 1903S.Meridian
- Woodard Mercantile, 4160N. Maze Road (corn), and 1313 E. US-54 (andover)
We recommend dropping off on Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings to ensure maximum freshness.
Plant an extra row, feed the hungry in Sedgwick County Source link Plant an extra row, feed the hungry in Sedgwick County