Long Beach, California 2021-01-12 19:11:47 –
Since September, at least eight women have reported being sexually abused by men while walking along West Long Beach, and police are seeking the help of the general public to find him.
In almost every attack, the suspect somehow grabbed the victim and pressed her pelvis against her. In one case, he stole the purse of a 16-year-old girl and, more recently, grabbed a woman’s breasts and butt.
According to police, the woman first reported the case in September, and since then the detective has linked seven other cases to a similar situation. Most of the incidents occurred in November, and three occurred on the same day.
The suspect attacked the woman, usually from 6 pm to 8:30 pm, when the woman was walking alone or with another woman. According to police, all victims are Hispanic women or teenage girls. The suspect is a Hispanic male between the ages of 17 and 20, who is described as being thin and 5 feet-6 inches to 5 feet-8 inches tall. According to police, he covered his face in several incidents and wore black striped hoodies and black buns tennis shoes.
Each incident is as follows:
- September 18, 2020: A 43-year-old woman reported to police that the suspect grabbed her from behind and pushed her against her in the areas of Local Avenue and Willard Street.
- November 5, 2020: A 37-year-old woman reported that the suspect grabbed her from behind, covered her mouth, and pressed her against her in the areas of 25th Avenue and Earl Avenue.
- November 8, 2020: A 26-year-old woman reported that the suspect grabbed her from behind and pushed her against her in the areas of 20th Avenue and Pasadena Street.
- November 18, 2020: A 48-year-old woman reported that the suspect grabbed her from behind and pushed her down as she tried to protect herself in the areas of 20th Avenue and Pasadena Avenue.
- November 29, 2020: A 27-year-old woman reported that the suspect grabbed her arm from behind and pressed it against her in the areas of Hill Street and Local Avenue. Police also received reports from a 31-year-old woman who said the suspect grabbed her face from behind and pressed her against her near 100 blocks on Burnett Street. On the same day, a 16-year-old girl reported walking in the areas of Pine Avenue and Burnett Street when the suspect grabbed her butt from behind and brought her purse.
- December 30, 2020: A 22-year-old woman reported that the suspect grabbed her breasts and buttocks in the areas of Nevada Street and Earl Avenue.
LBPD cautioned the public to be aware of their surroundings and immediately report any suspicious persons or activities. They are also encouraging anyone who could be a victim and did not report the incident to do so immediately by calling the dispatch at 562-435-6711.
Police said they would contact detective Gabriel Lewis at 562-570-7372 if you had information about the suspect. Anonymous tips can be sent by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting www.lacrimestoppers.org.