Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-09-22 22:26:09 –
Ohio State University 41, Tulsa 20
September 18, 2021
- Ohio State University defeated Tulsa 41-20, improving to 2-1 during the season, but Tulsa fell to 0-3.
- A freshman running back to Treveyon Henderson broke the Ohio State University freshman single game rush record at 277 yards and broke Archie Griffin’s 239-yard record against North Carolina in 1972.
- Henderson’s 277 yards was the third fastest yard in a game in the history of the program. Only Eddie George (314 in 1995) and Trey Sermon (331 in 2020) had the yard more quickly in the game.
- Henderson rushed 207 yards in the second half alone. This is also the third most common in one half of school history.
- Since 2018, Ohio State University has scored more than 40 points in 63.2% (24 out of 38) of the game. Ohio State University has overtaken Oklahoma and Clemson in this category in today’s 40-point match, and is currently second only to Alabama (76%) in the country.
- Garrett Wilson led the receiver with six 70-yard catches and touchdowns. This was his four consecutive games at the touchdown reception.
- Giescot Jr. caught his first career pass at a 16-yard reception from CJ Stroud.
- Chris Olave finished the day without a reception and went back to Michigan on October 5, 2019, recording 17 consecutive catches.
- The Ohio State University had a total attack range of 508 yards, with more than 500 yards in a row. The team averages 538.3 yards per game this season. The Birth of the Season was only 5 yards shy at 500 yards at the start of the season.
- Second grade Ronnie Hickman recorded nine tackles and led The Birth of the Tackles in three consecutive games.
- Redshirt freshman Cameron Martinez recorded his first career interception and returned it 61 yards for a touchdown. He also had three pass breakups in the game.
- Freshman TyleikWilliams recorded his first career sack in the fourth quarter to force an important Tulsa punt.
- The number of attendees announced was 76,540. This is the worst match at Ohio Stadium with Iowa, which has been announced to attend 75,596 people since September 11, 1971.
- Today’s match is just the second meeting between Ohio State University and Tulsa. Ohio State University won the first conference 48-3 of 2018.
Postgame Notes vs. Tulsa – Ohio State Buckeyes Source link Postgame Notes vs. Tulsa – Ohio State Buckeyes