St. Louis, Missouri 2021-09-27 06:27:00 –
NS. Louis (KMOV.com/AP)-Thomas Bruce will appear in court for a pretrial hearing prior to his murder trial on Monday morning.
Bruce has been charged with one murder and several other felony charges in a 2018 attack at a Catholic supply store near Ballwin. Prosecutors said she shot deadly after the former minister rejected Jaime Schmidt’s sexual demands. Two other women in the store were sexually assaulted.
Prosecutors said Friday they would not seek the death penalty for a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman who had been murdered in a religious goods store outside St. Louis.
According to police investigations, Bruce left the store with a pistol and re-entered, pretending to be a customer at a Catholic supply store on November 19, 2018. According to police, Bruce ordered the three women to go behind the store, where they pointed their guns at them and forced them to undress and began exposing themselves to the victims. Bruce then demanded that the victim sexually act on him.
His hearing is scheduled for 9 am starting November 1.
Copyright 2021 KMOV (Meredith Corporation) All copyrights
Pre-trial hearing held for man charged in Catholic Supply murder | St. Louis News Headlines Source link Pre-trial hearing held for man charged in Catholic Supply murder | St. Louis News Headlines