Louisville/Jefferson County, Kentucky 2021-09-21 06:41:43 –
Louisville Cardinals (1-1, 0-0 ACC) Central Florida Nights (2-0, 0-0 American)
– kick off: Friday, September 17th, 7:30 pm EST
–Position: Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, Kentucky.
–Weather conditions: Despite a few afternoon clouds, it’s generally sunny. There may be a shower or a thunderstorm. It is high around 85F. The wind is light and easy to change.
-How to watch: ESPN
-How to listen: WHAS 840/790 WKRD
-Favorite betting: UCF -6.5
-All time series: Series Thailand 1-1
-Last meeting: UCF won 38-35 on October 18, 2013 (Cardinal Stadium-Louisville, Kentucky)
- Louisville will play the third game in 12 days when the Cardinals will host the UCF on ESPN at 7:30 pm on Friday night.
- Louisville broke the record 1-1 after overwhelming eastern Kentucky 30-3 at the Cardinal Stadium on Saturday night. The victory was 13-13, equalizing the record for head coach Scott Satterfield.
- Freshman wide receiver Ahmari Huggins Bruce recorded four receptions at 150 yards, including a school record with a 94-yard reception. His average catch of 37.5 yards was the third highest mark in school history.
- The 150-yard receive broke the school record for the most receiving yards by true freshmen and broke the 132-yard mark by Tutu Atwell during the 2018 season.
- Defensive back Kei’Trel Clark spearheaded defensive back with three takeouts. The sophomore enrolled two intercepts, the third of his UofL career.
- The Cardinals suppressed the Colonel to a total of 235 yards of attack. This includes 86 yards above the ground. This is the fourth time the Cardinals have limited ground opposition to less than 100 yards under the Satterfield.
- The victory forced them to make three turnovers (two intercepts and one fumble), in line with the team’s best record in three seasons in Satterfield three times ago.
- Quarterback Malik Cunningham finished a 15-23 night with 27 yards and a touchdown, scoring a rushyard of 29 yards and two scores. Cunningham hastened his fourth touchdown in two consecutive games. Cunningham joins Lenny Lyles as the only Louisville player to rush four or more touchdowns in four separate seasons.
- Kirani James scored 10 consecutive field goals with a 28-yard player in the fourth quarter. 10 Straight Makeup is the fourth longest streak in Louisville history. Turner’s consecutive PAT wins ended with 44 straights, the ninth longest win in Louisville history.
- DL Ashton Gillotte started his first career on Saturday and recorded the first bag of his career in the fourth quarter.
- WR Justin Marshall caught his first career touchdown on Saturday, scoring from 30 yards in the third quarter.
- WR Bradensmith returned a 49-yard second-quarter punt for a touchdown. It was Louisville’s first punt return touchdown as Rod Jay Burns returned one to Indiana on September 8, 2018.
- The future of college football lies in UCF, which will be taken over by new head coach Gasmarzan on February 15, 2021 in Orlando. Martzan previously led Auburn to the BCS National Championship Game in 2013. SEC Championship, 2 SEC West Division titles, and 6 New Year’s Day Bowl Selections.
- The UCF visited Bethoon Cookman to lead 42-7, never looking back at the Bounce House on Saturday night, beating Wildcats 63-14 to season 2-0. This was the most points earned by the Knights after rolling 63 against the Temple on October 26, 2019.
- UCF (2-0) selected receive on the first drive and scored. Senior running back Isaiah Bowser gave Knights an early lead by recording the first of four touchdowns in the first half from a distance of 17 yards. Bethune-Cookman (0-2) competed with his own score with a solid drive that drew the match 7-7 in the middle of the first quarter.
- The Knights then recorded five consecutive touchdowns, bringing a 42-7 lead in half-time and clearing up the game. Junior quarterback Dillon Gabriel discovered that senior receiver Brandon Johnson had a 22-yard touchdown in the second half of the first quarter. Bowser then cleared up 3 with a 1-yard score and a 9-yard touchdown run pair to play the game.
- Dillon Gabriel entered the 2021 season last year as one of the country’s top return quarterbacks, leading the country in passyards per game. His 357.0 passing yards per game also set a UCF record. He started the season, passing an average of 315.0 yards per game and is ranked in the top 10 nationwide in terms of touchdowns, responsible points, and total attacks. Gabriel was on the watch list for all national quarterbacks and offensive players of the year awards for the 2021 campaign.
- The UCF rush attack will look very different in 2021. This was because the Knights had to replace the top three running backs of Greg McRae, Ottis Anderson, and Ventavius Stompson a season ago. In his first game as a knight, alumni transfer Izaya Bowser was in a hurry 33 times for a career-best 172 yards and touchdown. In the second week, he recorded four hasty touchdowns and is currently ranked second in the nation in this category.
- UCF returns the entire attack line from last season, including six different o-linemen who started the game in 2020. Both Center Matthewley and Tackle Edward Collins started all 10 games before the season, Cole Schneider started nine times on guard, Samuel Jackson started eight times on both guard and tackle, and Rokahi. Collins started eight times with a guard and Marcus Tatam started five times with a tackle.
- Dillon Gabriel’s top return target is Jaron “Flash” Robinson, who achieved a total of 979 yards and six touchdowns in his first season with Knights in 2020. J-Flash won the honor of the first team’s full conference at AAC as a sophomore. The country that receives the yard.
- The Knights are currently ranked second in the nation in Rush Defense, keeping their opponents at 22.0 rush yards per game over a two-week play. New defense coordinator Travis Williams turned around UCF’s defense, which was ranked 123rd in all defenses nationwide before the season, allowing 491.8 yards per game and showing good progress two weeks later. I did.
- With the big cut Bryant from Auburn, the West Kentucky transfer, the addition of a freshman All-American Ricky Barber, and the return of Caria Davis, who opted out for the COVID-19 pandemic last season, the UCF defense line was set in early 2021. It has been greatly improved.
- Brian (1.5 TFL), Barber (1.5 TFL), Anthony Montalbot (0.5 TFL) and Keenan Hester (0.5 TFL) teamed up to win the Knights with a total of 9.0 tackles.
- The pair of 15 cornerbacks, including Davonte Brown and Corey Thornton, will start as a true freshman last season. The two started each of the first two games of the 2021 season.
- One area of defense where the UCF returns all its experience from a year ago is linebackers, bringing back starters Eric Gilyard and Tatum Bethoon, and key reserve Jeremiah Jean Baptist.
The depth charts of both teams before the match are as follows. Louisville vs UCF
See how the Cardinals stack up against the Knights, and who the statistical model favors: Tape Story, Forecast: Louisville vs. UCF
Louisville wears a red jersey with a black helmet and trousers, and UCF wears all white.
(Photo of Malik Cunningham: Bret Davis-USA TODAY Sports)
Follow the Louisville Report to see what’s coming up. Like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram:
You can also follow Deputy Editor-in-Chief Matthew McGavic. @GeneralWasp On twitter
Preview: Louisville Cardinals vs. UCF Knights Source link Preview: Louisville Cardinals vs. UCF Knights