Kansas City, Missouri 2021-12-04 18:04:00 –
Kansas City, Missouri (KCTV) — Rob Maggie, owner and executive chef of Q39, died after five years of fighting colon cancer.
Since opening in Kansas City, Q39 has earned a reputation as one of the best barbecue restaurants in the metro.
“Many friends and mentors, he is truly grateful to thousands of people from all over the world who enjoyed barbecue,” the restaurant said in a statement. “Rob is a true champion and couldn’t squeeze any more life in the last five years. May we all live according to an example that affirms his life. Q39 is his culinary. His commitment to barbecue continues as he continues to share his passion for barbecue. “
Q39 opened in Midtown in 2014.
Over the years, it has received many awards and praises.
- 2014 Top 10 Smoke and Fire Restaurants in Likeren
- 2014 Zagat’s Hottest BBQ Joint
- 2014 Eaters Kansas City Heatmap: Where to Eat Now
- 2015 Kansas City Restaurant Association Chef of the Year
- 2015 Ingram’s Best New Restaurant
- 2015 Fox Leisure Best of Kansas City BBQ
- According to experts, the best barbecue across the United States by thrillists in 2015
- 2015 TripAdvisor FlipKey Best Restaurant Deserves a Trip
- Five of the hottest barbecue trends in the 2015 Huffington Post
- Top 25 Yelp Missouri Restaurants 2016
- 2016 Yelp Best burger on the metro in Kansas City
- 2017 Zagat’s 10 Must-See Restaurants
- 2017 The best KC barbecue restaurant with a meat + chicken twist
- 2017 Thrillist America’s Best BBQ Joint
- 2017 KCUR’s best outdoor dining spot at KC
- 2017 435 Magazine KC’s Best BBQ Joint
- 2017 Eater KC’s 10 Most Popular New Restaurants
- 2018MSN Great place to visit in the US
- 2018 Midwest Living Top Things to Do in Kansas City, Missouri
- 5 barbecue hotspots for 2018 Feast Magazine
- 2018 Daily Journal Online 5 barbecue joints to try in Kansas City
- 2018 AT & T 50 Best Places to Visit in the US
- What to do in 2018 Thrillist Kansas City
- Vogue Guide to Kansas City, Missouri 2018
Q39 owner, executive chef passes away after battle with cancer | News Source link Q39 owner, executive chef passes away after battle with cancer | News