Kansas City, Missouri 2021-10-21 14:41:00 –
Enjoy this treat on a family game night. Flavorful pastries and sausages make this finger food attractive.
- 1½ lbs of good quality Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Very cold butter cut 1 cup, cube
- Sour cream ½ cup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- Marinara sauce
- Make sure the sausages are very well chilled. It makes them easy to handle and roll. For best results, put them in the freezer for 30 minutes before removing the casings.
- To make pastries, stir the flour and Parmesan cheese together. Then cut the butter into flour and parmesan cheese in a food processor or pastry blender until the mixture looks like a coarse meal. The small pea-sized butter should still look like a mix. Stir the sour cream to make the dough. Divide the dough into two pieces, wrap them in plastic wrap, and let them rest in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Roll each piece of the remaining dough into a long rectangle that is the same width as the sausage link and 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Using scissors, carefully remove the casing from each sausage and place the sausage on the dough.
- When the sausages are completely surrounded by the pastry and slightly overlapped, roll the sausages with the pastry and cut the pastry rectangle into a straight line.
- Wash the eggs and water together. Wash with eggs where the edges of the dough meet. Press well to seal. If necessary, wash the top of the sausage roll with eggs. Cut into individual parts and place on the top plate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 ° for about 20-25 minutes until the meat thermometer turns golden evenly and the internal temperature reaches 175 °.
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce as a dip.
KCTV5.com I’m with you on the go! Get the latest news updates and videos, StormTrack5 weather forecasts, weather radar, special research reports, sports headlines and more from KCTV5 News.
Copyright 2021 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.
RECIPE: Italian Sausage in Parmesan Pastry | Price Chopper Tailgate Recipe Of The Week Source link RECIPE: Italian Sausage in Parmesan Pastry | Price Chopper Tailgate Recipe Of The Week