Tampa, Florida 2021-05-05 05:54:06 –
Sarasota County, Florida — Application for a rental assistance program will begin Wednesday to assist renters in Sarasota County.
Eligible households can receive up to 12 months of assistance as long as funds are available, plus an additional 3 months of assistance if necessary to ensure housing stability.
Who are you targeting?
- Rent households with less than 80% of median income (AMI) in areas facing homelessness and housing instability due to inability to pay rent and utilities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Such households must be able to demonstrate the effects of COVID-19.
- Households that fall under either or both of the following will be prioritized.
- Household income of less than 50% of AMI.
- One or more people in the household are unemployed and have not been employed for the last 90 days prior to application.
- Rental assistance provided to eligible households must not overlap with other federal-funded rental assistance provided to such households.
ERAP program ambassadors will also be available Wednesday to assist individuals in the application process at:
- Betty J. Johnson Library, 2801 New Town Boulevard, Sarasota. Monday to Thursday from 10am to 6pm. Friday and Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
- Fruitville Library, 100 Apex Road, Sarasota. Monday to Thursday from 10am to 6pm. Friday and Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
- Inglewood CRA, 370 W. Dearborn, Suite D, Inglewood. It is a reservation system. Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Laurel Community Center, 509 Collins Road, Nocomis. It is a reservation system. Monday to Thursday 9 am-5pm. Friday 9 am-4pm.
- North Port Social Welfare, 6919 Outreach Way, North Port. It is a reservation system. Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Goodwill, 1781, Dr. Martin Luther Kingway of Sarasota. Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm.
click here For more information.
Sarasota County rental assistance program launches Wednesday Source link Sarasota County rental assistance program launches Wednesday