Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-09-26 12:04:11 –
Tulsa, Oklahoma — 4 servings
1 lb of hard or extra hard tofu
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 quart of low sodium vegetable soup or stock
2 cups of water
1 package chili ramen
110 oz package edamame with frozen shell
6 oz cremini or button mushrooms, slices
1 cup of carrot
One finely chopped cabbage (preferably napa, but green cabbage works well)
2 teaspoons of sriracha sauce (optional)
Cut one juicy lime into four wedges
Garnish with options: Fresh jalapeno slices, green onion slices, chopped coriander
1. Remove the tofu from the package and drain the excess liquid. Wrap a block of tofu in a paper towel (or tea towel) and press between two plates or sheet pans weighted with a heavy object such as a bag of flour or some canned food. Cry for at least 30 minutes or up to several hours.
2. Remove the tofu from the towel.
3. Heat a small sota pan over medium to high heat, add canola oil and heat until sparkling.
4. Put a block of tofu in oil, cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden, turn over and repeat on the other side. Remove the tofu from the pan.
5. Place the tofu on a cutting board and slice into cubes. Save it.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot or soup pot, mix the water and stock and bring to a boil. Add ramen and simmer for about 2 minutes.
7. If used, add reserved seasoning packets, edamame, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and Sriracha and stir. Cook for another 2-4 minutes, or until the noodles are tender, slightly wilt the cabbage and heat all ingredients.
8. Divide the soup into 4 bowls and decorate with fresh jalapenos, green onions and coriander.
Nutrients per adult meal: 365 calories, total fat 15g (saturated 1g), total carbohydrate 35g (dietary fiber 10g), protein 25g, sodium 628mg, RAE vitamin A326mcg, vitamin K96mcg, folic acid 310mcg, choline 62mg, 537mg calcium, 64mg magnesium, 8mg iron , 2mg zinc
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere-
Shape Your Future Healthy Kitchen: Ramen Noodle Soup Source link Shape Your Future Healthy Kitchen: Ramen Noodle Soup