Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-10-17 11:30:50 –
Tulsa, Oklahoma — Roasted red pepper hummus
Yield 1.5 cup
- 1 (15 oz) chickpeas (book bean liquid)
- Fresh lemon juice ¼ cup, about 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 pieces of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water or juice from beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, well drained
- In a food processor bowl, mix all ingredients except pepper. Pulse until the mixture binds. Scrape the sides, process until very smooth, and stop rubbing the sides if necessary. You may need to add a little more reserved bean liquor to achieve the required consistency. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add roasted peppers and pulse to the desired concentration. You may like them to be fully integrated or left a little thicker.
Serving suggestions: Use hummus as a dip for vegetables, crackers, pita chips, or as a sandwich or wrap spread instead of mayonnaise.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere-
Shape Your Future Healthy Kitchen: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Source link Shape Your Future Healthy Kitchen: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus