Colorado Springs, Colorado 2021-12-03 08:06:52 –
Colorado Springs — Open to the public for free, First Friday Downtown will offer cultural activities throughout downtown Colorado Springs from 5 pm to 9 pm on the first Friday of every month.
This month’s feature: Hyper-local holiday cheers, gift shopping, avoiding international supply chain problems, keeping 70% of purchases within the local economy, unique items that gift recipients can’t find anywhere else To ensure that we can provide. ..
Read this month’s offering.
Holiday art sale
Several downtown galleries offer buy-and-take art shows to holiday shoppers.
- Modbo (17C E. Bijou St.) presents the saddest little show ever. This is because the award-winning gallery will close at the end of the year.
- G44 Gallery (121 E. Boulder Street) will host the 10th Holiday Art Show featuring more than 60 regional artists and artisans.
- Around the corner, Creations @ The Edge (324 N. Nevada Ave.) offers Makers Market Eve, a preview of equitably made products from companies owned by women around the world. .. Market (December 4th and 11th), 11% discount on some items.
Some downtown venues offer delicious holiday treats on the first Friday.
- Novis Mortem Collective (22 E. Bijou St.) Glühwein, hot chocolate, coffee and tea at winter market events
- Live performance of Candy Cane Martini and Meredith Bennett at Kinship Landing (415 S. Nevada Ave)
- Anita Marie Fine Art (109 S. Corona Street) Hot Cider and Cookies
- Chocolate tasting and collage demonstration by artist Laurel Bahe at Cacao Chemistry (109 N. Tejon St.)
Strange and wonderful art exhibition
Aside from the festive cheers, Downtown First Friday consistently features artists pushing the boundaries with innovative works such as sculpture and performance. Some products you can’t miss:
- At the Bridge Gallery (218 W. Colorado Avenue) urn, 12 local artists have created an imaginative “funeral urn” for themselves, celebrities, or the ideas they feel.
- The clothing we wear at the Kreuser Gallery (125 E. Boulder St.) is an exhibition of new Encaustic textile works by the acclaimed local artist Sheary Clough Suiter.
- Fashion designer Aaron Graves debuts the capsule collection in response to Clough Suiter’s quest for fast fashion fallout.
A complete list of downtown events on the first Friday of December is available here..
Shops and venues to stay open later during First Friday Downtown event Source link Shops and venues to stay open later during First Friday Downtown event