Portland

Some Kaiser Permanente staff could vote to strike soon – Portland, Oregon

Portland, Oregon 2021-09-22 12:50:52 –

In a recent survey, 93% of registered nurses, represented by OFNHP, said they would vote “yes” to the strike right now.

August 7, 2019 (KOIN), except for Kaiser Permanente

Portland, Oregon (KOIN) — Some staff, including the long-awaited nurse Kaiser Permanente Preparing to vote for strike approval.

Joining several union members in the country, Kaiser Permanente staff Federation of Oregon Nurses and Medical Professionals You can vote for a strike within a few weeks. All four OFN HP-Kaiser contracts, which consist of approximately 3,400 healthcare professionals, will expire on September 30th. At this point, any unit can vote.

Kaiser Permanente’s Registered Nurse, represented by OFNHP, recently investigated how the company is addressing the ongoing nationwide staff shortage. When asked what to do if the strike was voted on now, 93% of the survey participants said they would vote in favor.

This potential strike occurs when hospitals across the country are fighting for nurses and other medical professionals. Hospitals in Portland are no exception. Kaiser employees say the organization’s lack of secure staff is a major concern.

According to Kaiser staff, represented by OFNHP, the company’s current proposal “accelerates the already catastrophic staffing crisis,” they say, putting patients at risk.

“Blows are always our last resort, but Kaiser seems determined to promote proposals that hurt staff, patients, and our entire public health system,” said Kaiser RN and OFNHP’s Jody. Bershaw said. “Kaiser needs to do the right thing and prioritize patients over benefits.”

According to OFNHP, 42.2% of nurses surveyed recently said they were “considering leaving the field completely beyond the treatment they received at Kaiser.” More than 60% are reportedly considering leaving the company, and nearly 60% are considering leaving a particular department. 30-40% say they are considering leaving the medical field altogether.

However, OFNHP states that members are united in that “Kaiser wants to do the right thing, enter into fair contracts, and resolve the staffing crisis.”

OFNHP will host a rally on Tuesday, September 28th at Kaiser Permanente Building in northeastern Portland.

KOIN 6 News has asked Kaiser Permanente for comment, but has not yet responded. This story will be updated as new information becomes available.

Some Kaiser Permanente staff could vote to strike soon Source link Some Kaiser Permanente staff could vote to strike soon

Back to top button