Oakland, California 2021-07-29 20:46:43 –
Oakland News Now – – Sonoma Valley Writers Festival (SVAF) Announcing a wonderful lineup of celebrities Authors and speakers For the 2021 event.This is the fourth year, and the acclaimed intimate festival is the new venue. Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, August 27-29.
Launched in 2018, the Sonoma Valley Authors Festival is a carefully selected three-day event that strives to achieve three key goals.
- In a “TED Talk” style series, gather people to hear from outstanding writers of various literary genres and speakers who are leaders in science, technology and medicine, and “inspire and nourish the reader’s mind. “presentation.
- Free family-friendly support for the community Plaza author An event held under the trees of the historic Sonoma Plaza.
- Engage young scholars through Student day, Community, literacy, inspirational celebration. Created for 2,700 local junior and senior high school students, the day includes over 4,000 free books written by the presenters and is paid for by personal donations.
In an era when the art of listening seems to be disappearing, the need for public discourse is greater than ever. The festival features well-informed speakers and attracts listeners who are enthusiastic about thoughtful conversations and discussions of ideas. Notable writers and speakers of the year include Doris Kearns Goodwin, Isabel Allende, Amy Tan, Daniel James Brown, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Niall Ferguson, Dave Barry, Billy Collins, Includes HR McMaster, Wade Davis, Walter Isabel, Min Jin Lee, Julia Flynn Sailor, Nicole Pearlros and more.
“We are very pleased to welcome you to Sonoma and our new venue, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa,” said co-founders David and Genie Freeman. “It’s a great place to welcome our writers and speakers, and we’ll welcome guests during the incredible three days of great writers and ideological leaders who will change our world.”
As part of the festival, SVAF hosts free special events for the Sonoma community.This year Plaza authorWas held at Sonoma Plaza in the city center on Saturday, August 28, at 5 pm, with Dave Barry and Amitan talking to Jeffrey Brown of PBS, and two poet laureates, Billy Collins, making everyone laugh and cry. Ponder as you read his poem, which is loved by everyone.
3rd year Student day Twelve writers who talk to and interact with more than 2,700 students at Sonoma Valley High School and local junior high schools, including Doris Kerns Goodwin, Daniel James Brown, Dr. Euan Ashley, and astrophysicist Alex Filipenko. There is a speaker. Each year, an average of 4,000 books written by presenters are provided to students free of charge, all paid by personal donations. Due to the campus safety protocol, only students can participate on Student Day.
The Sonoma Valley Writers Festival Pass is currently available at the following URL: svauthorsfest.org/purchase-3-day-festival-passes/.. The 3-day VIP Festival Pass starts at $ 2,500 and includes all presentations, breakfast and lunch, plus access to a special dinner with the author, priority seating, valet parking and annual events. All VIP passes include tax-deductible donations.
This year, the number of 3-day festival passes available for $ 1,149 is limited. These passes include all presentations, breakfast and lunch. All festival attendees will receive free access to a complete virtual festival video archive available on demand anytime, anywhere from October 23rd to November 13th, 2021.
The Sonoma Valley Writers Festival is made possible by the generous support of individual donors, corporate sponsors and dedicated volunteers. The SVAF is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization taxpayer number 84-4846165.
About Sonoma Valley Writers Festival:
The Sonoma Valley Writers Festival (SVAF) was founded by a couple team, David and Genie Freeman, who started developing the event after retiring to Sonoma County in 2016. The first SVAF event took place May 4-6, 2018. A mother who was a lifelong reader and learner. The Sonoma Valley Writers Festival is only possible with the generous support of individual donors, corporate sponsors and volunteers. The festival has no employees. Co-founders Ginny and David Freeman donate time, take personal financial responsibility and are unpaid.
Auckland News Recent Posts
- Sonoma Valley Writers Festival Announces World-Class Lineup of 4th Annual Writers
- Boxing Anthony Joshua says he’ll knock out Tyson Fury Will Fury react?By Eric Pangilinan
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte says U is at home if not vaccinated, Eric Pangilinan
- LA Lakers exchanged for Russell Westbrook, Posted by: Vinny Lospinuso
- Auckland Gang Wars-Santa Rita Breakdown Part 3 (Protection Management, The Hole, 5150)
- Dave Casper found his Hall of Fame plaque while touring the Allegiant Stadium | Las Vegas Raiders
- Sunisa Lee wins gold medal and becomes Team USA’s new gymnastic star
- Las Vegas Raiders Scovid Hit Raiders in the Face Three Running Backout, Eric Pangilinan
- Norteno Gang Violence – Kill Color
- Raiders Live: Olson, Good, Ferrel, Abram Presser – 7.29.21
- Las Vegas Raiders: Did Greg Olson reveal that there are three players out because of the virus?Joseph Armendaris
- What does Starling Marte do for Oakland Athletics?
- Official 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Draft Day Edition
- NBA Draft Preview: Golden State Warriors | Morning After
- Starling Marte trades to Oakland Athletics
- Las Vegas Raiders Training Camp Day 2 Where Juice?Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Uptown Rotary Club Guest Speakers: Krista Lucchesi, Mercy Brown Bag Program
- Oakland Panthers 2020 hype video
- Oakland African-American Chamber of Commerce Faith and Facts: Key Drama Kneil, MD
- Oakland Promise Arts, Media, Entertainment Career Panel
Oakland News Now Archive
Sonoma Valley Authors Festival 4th Annual Announces World-Class Lineup of Authors Source link Sonoma Valley Authors Festival 4th Annual Announces World-Class Lineup of Authors