Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-07-23 15:34:42 –
Tulsa, Oklahoma-Seven street projects are underway in southern Tulsa, one scheduled for later this year.
The Tulsa City Council has launched a new web page to showcase the progress of the road project and provide the latest information.
“My goal is to maximize my potential and communicate with the public in the most efficient way,” said Phil Lakin, District 8 City Councilor. “Today’s introduction will greatly improve your ability to visually see and read South Tulsa projects, timelines, status, work areas, etc. This new tool and information will allow people to consult regularly. I hope it will be a useful resource. “
Voter-approved Tulsa Improvement Financing Package provides more than $ 600 million for improving streets and bridges throughout the city. Vision Tulsa It also funded a $ 15 million widening project on the South Mingo Road Corridor.
“As a resident of South Tulsa, who drives our city many times each day, I understand and sympathize with my neighbors navigating the Corn Zone almost every turn.” District 7 City Council member Lori Dector Wright said. “We hope that this new communication tool will help citizens better predict and navigate the construction zones of South Tulsa. The long-term benefits of these significant investments in community-wide infrastructure. Thank you very much for your patience as you endure the temporary pain for. “
Road projects are usually spaced apart from each other to avoid adjacent projects that affect traffic. However, the duplication of projects is due to the availability of funds.
Improvements Our Tulsa funded a concrete patching project on East 71 Street between South Memorial Drive and South Mingo Road and an asphalt overlay on South Memorial between 71 Street and 81 Street. Meanwhile, a concrete patching project using 75% of the funding from the Federal Water Transport Program was already underway on the Memorial Drive between 81 Street and the Creek Turnpike.
Construction is currently underway on the Memorial Drive between Creek Turnpike and 81st Street and between 81st and 71st Streets, as Tulsa has used federal funding available.
The street construction projects currently underway and upcoming in southern Tulsa are:
- Street restoration project underway at the intersection East 61 Street and South Yale Avenue. The project is scheduled to be completed in August.
- Expansion project is nearing completion South Mingo Road between East 71 Street and East 81 Street. This mile on Mingo Road has been expanded from two lanes to five lanes. All lanes are scheduled to open by the end of July.
- Expansion project East 81 Street between South Memorial Drive and South Sheridan Road It started in July. Completion is scheduled for fall 2022.
- Concrete pavement repairs in progress East 71 Street at the intersection of 71 and Memorial between South Mingo Road and South Memorial Drive. The project is expected to be completed in November, before the holiday shopping season.
- Another concrete pavement repair project is underway South Memorial Drive between East 81 Street and Creek Turnpike. The project is also scheduled to be completed in November.
- Also, Memorial drive between East 71 Street and East 81 Street, The asphalt overlay project is scheduled to be completed in September.
- Expansion project South Yale Avenue between East 101 and East 96 Streets near the Creek Turnpike It is scheduled to be completed in January 2022.
- Expansion project South Yale Avenue between East 81 Street and East 91 Street Scheduled to start in October, the road will be closed after the project is completed on Yale Avenue during 101.st Street and creek turnpike.
Maps showing ongoing projects on the Tulsa city highway are back available website..
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere-
South Tulsa’s hustle & bustle of street projects catches city councilors’ attention Source link South Tulsa’s hustle & bustle of street projects catches city councilors’ attention